Thursday, October 6, 2011

Social Networking and the Learning Disabled

I like the idea of social networking as a way of learning from others. It's a great way to utilize a format that enables people to reach out to other parts of the globe. With respect to learning, who wouldn't want to have that option to speak with other people in a different part of the world. I wonder how would this type of learning benefit someone with learning disabilities? I want my son to go back to school so badly but he is very insecure about his abilities, mainly because he did poorly in high school. I wonder if a format could be created that would allow these kids the ability to learn given their disability? I'm not sure if one already exists, but I think the idea would be worthwhile. There are so many more adults being diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, that it would probably benefit them if there was a way to learn that was more on their terms. I realize that most students who are classified get accomodations from their respective schools, but there is that percentage of students who aren't classified, but still have difficulty with learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment